CGCC is a church that is reaching, teaching and releasing disciples of Jesus.
Reaching to know Christ
Teaching to grow in Christ
Releasing to show Christ
The values that we hold guide what we do, holding us accountable to and ensuring that we are living as Jesus called.
Worship: Disciples worship God…always.
- Matthew 22:37 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart…soul…mind.”
- Worship is more than singing. It is the position of our heart to be bent toward God in attitude and action. As disciples of Jesus we deeply desire to know God through the Scriptures and to apply that knowledge to life. Evidence of a disciple of Jesus is that we are striving to worship Him in all that we do: work, play, conversations with others, conversations with Him, singing, and listening. Disciples of Jesus worship God, always.
Community: Disciples engage in healthy community.
- Matthew 22:39 “…you shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Community is about Jesus’ disciples living, serving and growing in grace and truth together. We seek healing for the wounded, justice for oppressed, and food for the hungry. When conflicts arise we seek to restore relationships, forgiving and seeking forgiveness. We strive to be truthful, gracious, loving and generous as Christ. We realize that we have been forgiven much, and we in turn are called to forgive as well. Disciples of Jesus engage in healthy community.
Freedom: Disciples live free in grace, peace and love.
- Galatians 5:1 “For freedom we have been set free.”
- True freedom is found in the Gospel of Jesus. As His disciples, we are freed from the penalty of sin and are being transformed into the image of God. The freedom to please God is a gift of grace so that we can live free for the benefit of others.Jesus’ work on the cross set us free to express our love for God and people. Disciples of Jesus live free.
Mission: Disciples live as imitators of Jesus’ mission.
- Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations…”
- Missional living reflects Christ in both words and actions that invite people to become followers of Jesus. We seek to connect our story to God’s story that we might impact other’s stories. We are committed to clearly share the hope that we have in Christ to our families, our city and the world. Disciples of Jesus live missionally.